Sign-In with SAML (Okta)
IceHrm SAML integration only works with IceHrmPro and IceHrm Open Source. This integration will not work with IceHrm Cloud installtions
Since you are trying to integrate IceHrm with Okta SAML you should already have a SAML Application created with Okta. But if you don't have an application here is a guide to create your SAML Application: https://developer.okta.com/docs/guides/build-sso-integration/saml2/create-your-app/
This section describes how to configure the Okta SAML application so it can perform authentication for IceHrm.
- 1.On your Okta application following parameters should be set accordingly.
Single Sign On URL => http://icehrm.test/app/login.php
Recipient URL => http://icehrm.test/app/login.php
Destination URL => http://icehrm.test/app/login.php
Audience Restriction => http://icehrm.test
Configuration from IceHrm Test Application
2. Then under the "Assignments" tab you need to add some users to this application. Make sure the email [SAML name id] of these users are the same as the login email for IceHrm.
- 1.Go to the "Sign On" section of your Okta Application
2. Click "View Setup Instructions" button. This will take you to a page with some configurations you need to update on IceHrm
- 1.Under the System -> Settings, SAML tab update the configuration using the values in previous step.
IceHrm SAML configuartion
2. Assign users to your Okta SAML application under "Assignments" tab. Make sure the name id of the assigned user matches the email of a user registered in IceHrm user under System -> Users
Assigned users in Okta Application
- 1.Under System -> Settings -> SAML tab set "SAML: Enabled" and "SAML: Auto Login" to "1".
- 2.Then visit your IceHrm login page and you should be redirected to Okta login page.
- 3.Login in using your Okta credentials.